Welcome to the official website of NMIDEA
To promote New Mexico's economic growth through focused advocacy of economic development issues, providing networking, professional development, education, and training opportunities for its members.
To advance the profession of economic development in New Mexico by:
- Providing a forum for the interchange of ideas and stimulating
cooperation among its members
- Disseminating information on the most recent practices and techniques in
- Establishing, maintaining and communicating a code of
- Assisting the New Mexico Legislature and local governments
formulating a economic development policy
- Upgrading skills and knowledge needed for success in the
economic development field
- Furthering the economic growth of the state of New Mexico by cooperating
with all public agencies and organization
NM IDEA Annual Meeting 2014 in Socorro
Annual Membership Meeting Wednesday, November 5 at 2:00 p.m. in Socorro at NM Tech. Please save the date and plan to join us.
Professional development will continue Thursday, November 6 with a full program with topics including technology, finance, community development, and retention/expansion. Friday's agenda on November 7th, includes a tour of the Magdalena Ridge Observatory.
Registration is $100 (use PayPal below); please RSVP to Therese Varela at your earliest convenience.
Hotel rooms are limited, so make your reservations as soon as possible; see below.
Map - please note Bldg 14, Fidel Center, Ballroom C is where all events are held, receptions will be at the Marcy Bldg 29
Logistics: BOOK YOUR ROOMS NOW!
Several hotels are providing group rates as follows:
• Holiday Inn Express - $89.00
• Best Western - $83.00 call and ask for the NMIDEA block - deadline Oct. 28
• Comfort Inn - $83.00
Other hotels in the local area include:
• Econolodge Inn & Suites - regular rates are $79
• San Miguel Inn
• Super 8 Socorro
• Rodeway Inn
• Economy Inn
Want to join NMIDEA? Membership Info here.